The Royal School House (RSH) is home to the Boarding Department of the Royal and Prior School. We provide a homely and friendly environment for pupils of the school from Monday to Friday. We are the only secondary school with boarding facilities in County Donegal and so our boarders come from all over Donegal and further afield to stay with us.
Boys and girls aged 11 to 18 are welcomed into a youthful and dynamic home where they are offered academic and pastoral support from boarding staff and teachers. The excellent education available at the Royal and Prior School combined with the caring attention and support offered by staff in the Royal School House ensures that all our boarders have the opportunity to thrive and develop both personally and academically in a healthy, happy and supportive environment.
There are many benefits to a boarding education and at the Royal School House we work hard to ensure our boarders make the best use of the opportunities and facilities that are available to them. Some of the advantages to living in boarding include:
- Boarders develop independence and maturity, which is excellent preparation for university or work.
- Boarders benefit from a homely, family atmosphere and staff who offer advice and academic support.
- Supervised study and extra help from teachers is available every evening.
- Boarders can avoid long travelling hours on school buses.
- Long-term friendships and healthy relationships are developed with peers.
- Being so close to the school means Boarders can take part in all the activities the school offers.
Our primary focus is the care and well-being of our boarders. Staff are available around the clock to offer support and guidance to our boarders and their health and happiness is our top priority.